Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kids and Organization - the Essentials!

I don't tell many people that I meet for the first time that I have five kids, but when I do, I get many wide eyes stares that range from the "Are you NUTS" look to the "You MUST be NUTS" look :)  Truth be told, because it's our life, it dosen't seem like a big deal,  but when I look at a friend that has eight kids, I am blown away.  "How do you do it?" is the most popular question - so I'm here to tell you the secret!  ORGANIZATION
A Closet Sweater fabric bin
Folders for each kid!
Really!  That's it!  My grandmother told me to do an extra 20 minutes of housework everynight - and that was a great piece of advice!  I call it "Getting my ducks in a row" - don't go to bed without the laundry flipped, the dishwasher running, the floors and kitchen cleaned.  Waking up to a mess is the WORST!  I'm including some crummy pictures (from my phone)  of some of the things that help my house look like it's not a warzone - the key is HIDE STUFF! No coffee "tables" - coffee "trunks" - that end table is - yup - another trunk (holds a Huge train set!)   The playroom - an 8 foot room divider holds board games and a small part of a huge book collection.  The laundry room has a bin for each kids clothes - comes out of the dryer and into the bins.  In the kitchen there is a folder for each kid that holds school info ( 5 different schools! Yikes!)  as well as a folder for each activity with the schedules, guidelines etc.  Online organization I owe to Cozi - an online family organization system really - it's our calendar, all my shoppings lists, to do lists, and more.  You'll love it trust - trust me!  Check out my Pinterest page as well for the board on Stuff with Kids!  If you are organizing a party in the the Sarasota or Bradenton areas - check out Party Jumpers - I'll help you organize your next best family friendly event or birthday! Here's to Spring and your organized home!


Coffee table or Train Set container?

There's alot of toys, games and craft in them there cabinets!



Ikea - a Mom's best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment